DbSchema is different from the other tools.
Give it a try !
"Using Relational Data Editor i can see table data from multiple tables without writing any sql queries, it's like a child's play."
Ariovaldo Chrysostomo, Database Developer Ricoh Europe
"It's very intuitive, and the compare/sync wizard is all I expected."
Bert Scalzo, author of Oracle and SqlServer books
"The project team I am reporting to really like the html5 documentation I can send them. Thank you again for this brilliant software. I am recommending it to all my colleagues."
Ben Burke, Software Developer, Sydney, Australia
DbSchema Database Diagram DesignerDbSchema is a design tool for relational databases, with interactive diagrams, HTML documentation, Relational Data Browse and Editor, SQL Editor, Query Builder, Random Data Generator, Schema Compare and Synchronization, team work and more.
Powerful, yet easy-to-use, DbSchema helps you design, document and manage databases without having to be a SQL pro. Easily design new tables, generate HTML5 documentation, explore and edit the database data, compare and synchronize the schema over multiple databases, edit and execute SQL, generate random data.
DbSchema is compatible with all relational databases. It works on all major operating systems, including Windows, Linux and Mac.
You can download and evaluate DbSchema free for 15 days.
Interactive DiagramsSchema is represented in diagrammed layouts. The layouts will be saved together with the schema to XML project file. Multiple layouts can be created. Read more...
- Edit tables or columns directly in the layout, by double-clicking them.
- Create new foreign keys by drag&drop of one table column.
- View database data by clicking the table header with SHIFT+CONTROL pressed.
- Design schema offline and create it later in database
Reverse Engineer Schema From DatabaseConnect via JDBC to any relational database and get the schema in DbSchema. Schema can be saved to project file and repopened without connecting to the database.
- Upload any JDBC driver in DbSchema
- Add a new database to the list of supported databases
- SSH connections
- Customize of queries to reverse engineer triggers, functions, procedures, constraints
Relational Data BrowseAn amazingly simple and efficient relational data explorer that offers simultaneous views of data from multiple tables and features numerous filters, data sorting mechanisms, and much more.
The data can be explored from multiple tables in the same time, based on the foreign keys between tables. Virtual foreign keys can be created. New records can be inserted, existing records can be edited. Read more...
- Unlimited size of browse tree
- Filter table data
- Insert data in the browse table
- Save browse tree in project file and reopen it later
Query BuilderGraphically compose SQL queries. You can make use of different join clauses like left outer join, use where filters or generate group by queries. Tables can be added by drag and drop or by pressing the foreign key icon. Read more...
- Edit complex queries using the mouse
- Select the query columns
- Dynamically add new tables to the query
- Use Group By conditions into the query
SQL EditorSql editor with syntax highlighting and code completion may help you to edit and execute SQL. It can execute simple queries as well as scripts. The output can be displayed on screen or spooled directly to a file. It can do graphical explain plan. Read more...
- Edit queries using autocomplete
- Highlight of SQL keywords
- Execute single queries as well as scripts
- Explain query execution plan
Generate Schema ScriptsIn DbSchema you can generate the schema scripts and optimal export the data into script. Using the generated script you can recreate the schema on any database.
Compare and Synchronize Database SchemaDbSchema is using its own image of the schema stored in the project file. Schema can be edited without connecting to database saved to file. Than connect to database ( can be a different database ) and synchronize the schema. Decide for each table, column, etc. which is missing on database or local project to create it or drop it on one side ( from database or from local project ). Read more...
- Reverse engineer the database schema from database
- Synchronize the database schema with the database
- Choose for each difference found an action : 'Merge into local project', 'Change the database' or 'No action'
- Generate a SQL script for the database modifications
- Compare schemes from two DbSchema project files
- Use DbSchema to update the database to the latest schema version
Convert Schema to a Different DatabaseSince the DbSchema project is independent from database you can change the project Rdbms in Project Properties. Than you can create or synchronize your schema with a different database. Changing the schema Rdbms will apply a new data type mapping for all columns, based also on the standard java SQL data types.
Smart PrintingDbSchema can print the best layout images. You can also print the layouts as images or generate HTML documentation including small-size vector images.
- Preview the printed pages
- Choose a print zoom as well as the printed pages
- Best print quality
Graphical Explain PlanThe explain plan shows beside the original text returned by the database for the explain plan function a chart with the timeline distribution of the events. In the diagram are shown tips for each table or index access. This allows to easy identify the most consuming time events in the query and easy recognize the events which are accessing data.
Random Data GeneratorGenerate test data in the database. Configurable patterns including integer, random and reverse regular expression patterns can be used. A predefined repository of patterns will help in finding the best pattern for each column.
DocumentationYou can enter comments or call-outs for any of the schema tables, columns, etc. Moving the mouse over the layouts you will see this comments as tooltips. This may help you easy understand the tables and columns definition.
Using the feature of generating HTML documentation including SVG image of the layout you can post an interactive HTML documentation in your project or on the Web.
- Two documentation formats: HTML5 or HTML4
- Layout image included
- Small size images through use of SVG
- Interactive image. Move the mouse over columns in the image and read schema comments
Flexible Application Interface & DbSchema Project FileDbSchema uses layouts to let you structure your work. Inside the layout you can have Data Browse Panes, SQL Editors and Query Builders. Saving the DbSchema project to file all of them will be saved. Opening the application next time will also open this editors.
- Save one central project file including schema structure, layouts and editors for SQL and data browse
- Open the DbSchema project from different computers
- The DbSchema project file is in XML format and can be edited using an text editor
- Multiple layouts and multiple editors for SQL, queries and data inside each of layouts
- Reopen saved layouts or editors at any time