Salesforce - Default Objects

Other Databases - related issues
anjbates

Salesforce - Default Objects

Post by anjbates » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi all,

I've managed to connect DBSchema to Salesforce and retrieved schema. However the default Salesforce objects ( Account / Opportunity etc) are missing.

Any ideas on how to get these to appear in DBSchema? We have extended these with additional record types and relationships to custom entities.

Thanks!

anjbates

Re: Salesforce - Default Objects

Post by anjbates » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Looks like DBSchema uses

https://code.google.com/p/force-metadat ... iki/Useage

TO connect (other options available) Which includes parameters to pass on connection string to include standard objects

standard=true;custom=true

However haven't gotten this to work just yet....

Allenwood

Post by Allenwood » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:30 am

The individual relationship diagrams (ERDs) for standard Salesforce substance in this section illustrate significant relationships between objects.

support

Post by support » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:16 am

Right, DbSchema uses force-metadata-jdbc-driver-appex.jar and rssbus.salesforce.jar to connect to Salesforce.
In Connection dialog you have the chance to set in the second tab a custom URL.
DbSchema lists the tables, columns, indexes and foreign keys using the driver methods from DatabaseMetaData.
For the options you are looking for please check the driver specification, eventually try to ask them which choices you have.
From experience is a good stuff to try to contact the people who wrote the driver.

If you have the chance, please add to this forum the location where the latest Salesforce database can be downloaded, we would like to test this as well.
Before we used a custom package.

mtassin

Post by mtassin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:54 pm

I get how to get default objects, but I am unable to get DBSchema to connect to a dev org.

Setting the host to test.salesforce.com and then using a test user account and putting in the test org account's password and token gets me

Database or Network Error
[LoginFault [ApiFault exceptionCode='INVALID_LOGIN' exceptionMessage='Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.' ] ] at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at

Using the exact same username, password, and token results in a valid login when using other api driven SFDC tools to connect (DBAMP for instance)

mtassin

Post by mtassin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:56 pm

and I see why... specifying test.salesforce.com doesn't have any impact on where it logs you in.

i.e. I put test.salesforce.com in the host portion of the config and put in my production info and logged into production.

cloudmech

Post by cloudmech » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:40 pm

test.salesforce.com can only used to login to a sandbox not to a Dev Org. You must use login.salesforce.com to login to a Dev Org unless you have MyDomain enabled, in which case you can use a custom url.