Hiding "non-relevant" FKs

Tell us what features you'll want
donose.mihai

Re: Hiding "non-relevant" FKs

Post by donose.mihai » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:56 pm

This feature has been added in DbSchema 7.0 Build 4210.
You can now right click on a FK and select to hide it.

wlongo

Post by wlongo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:53 pm

This is really great news! I am already using it and this is exactly what i was looking for ! Now, my layouts will become much better.

Thank you so much for getting this implemented. Many thanks to Roberto that helped a lot on this matter. You really made a user happy! :D

donose.mihai

Post by donose.mihai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:43 am

Hello,

You're welcome, please let us know if you encounter any other issues or if you have other feature requests.

Regards,

Mihai

cristian.av

Post by cristian.av » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:12 pm

I can hide the FK, but by mistake I've hided a FK and now I can't find a way to see it!!

cesarf

Post by cesarf » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:56 pm

...and now I can't find a way to see it!!
Just do a right click on the header of any of the referencing or referenced tables and click on "Show All Hidden Foreign Keys" option ;)

choiminzi

Post by choiminzi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:04 pm

cesarf wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:06 pm
hi,

It will be very useful if you can add an option to allow individual FK "hiding", because of normalization.

As can be seen in picture, normalization sometimes create a mess when drawing because a lot of FK lines which are less relevant for design but MUST be included in table definition and coding. As an example, in my db, status table receives 14 lines while users table receives 8 and so on... and this is just for one module, there are few others pending design.

So I suggest you to add a show/hide possibility in FK tab...
In practice this already happens when table shape position prevents some lines to be drawn.

br,
Hi ! I am another customer interested on this feature. Hiding "non-relevant" FKs would be a precious feature for this software. Even with smaller layouts, we still can get messy diagrams. A feature like that would really solve that problem. :D :D :D