How can I print column/index suffixes in schema export?

DbSchema Scripts, Schema & Synchronization
_frank_

How can I print column/index suffixes in schema export?

Postby _frank_ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Hello,

the column editor tab page 'Other' includes the column properties 'Data Type Suffix' (help text: 'The text here will be appended after the data type specification in the column definition')
and 'Column Definition Suffix' (help text: 'This text will be appended after the column definition statement').

Unfortunately none of the values I entered in these fields will be printed in a Schema Export.

How do I achieve a Schema Export which includes these properties?

Are there any keyword replacements I have to write into the database settings SQL Statements tab page?
If so, which keywords would that be?
The keyword '{suffix}' is being replaced by an empty string.
Other keywords (e.g. '{data_type_suffix}' or '{type_extra}') are printed and not replaced.

The same question applies to the index editor storage tab page (help text: 'This text will be added as suffix to the index definition')
and the table editor storage tab page (hep text: 'This text will be added as suffix to the table definition').

Any help on this is appeciated.

Kind regards
Frank

DbSchema version 6.4.0 build 3829

apreston

Re: How can I print column/index suffixes in schema export?

Postby apreston » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:23 pm

I would also like to know how to print these suffixes. I am using 6.4.0 build 3869.

I am creating a sqlite schema and want to use the suffix field to set CHECK() conditions on columns. I cannot use the Constraints tab because sqlite does not support the ALTER TABLE command.

Thanks,
Andrew.

austingrd

Postby austingrd » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi Frank, any updates if you were able to sort this out?

_frank_

Postby _frank_ » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:30 pm

austingrd wrote:Hi Frank, any updates if you were able to sort this out?

Not yet :cry:
I also mailed this question to support but got no answer :evil:

molino

Postby molino » Sat May 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Hello,

2 years later I'm having the same issue.

Some days ago I bought a license of dbSchema because it seemed to have all features I will need. The fields "Data Type Suffix" and "Column Definition Suffix" are very important to me because I need to add "ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" for a DateTime column on most tables (using MySql/MariaDB). If DBSchema doesn't support it (although the corresponding fields are available) than DbSchema will be nearly of no use to me because I have to modify a lot of tables afterwards.

Some more info:
If I create the db with DbSchema using the "Column Definition Suffix" than the synchronisation will notice that the Db table and the project table are different, but the generated script is empty.

Greetings
Raul

Norge

Postby Norge » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Hello,

I am evaluating dbSchema and I faced the same problem. In my case, I could solve it since my problem had to do with the auto increment, which can be set in the "database settings"->Sql Language tab.

As a workaround, you could use the "Default" field for this purpose. in the "database settings"->Sql Language tab, set only {defo} for the default keyword instead of "DEFAULT {defo}". Then use the default field to append database specific keywords. And add the "DEFAULT" keyword yourself if you need a default value.
Another workaround would be to create a custom data type that contains all the keywords you need.

Both solutions are very inelegant and probably have some drawbacks but they might be better than having a piece of software of nearly no use...

Regards

molino

Postby molino » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello Norge,

thanks for the info. I will ty it.
Currently I'm using a sql file with "Alter table" commands which I execute each time I reconstruct the database. Your solution seems way better :)

Nevertheless I would appreciate a comment from an official team member. At least to see that those 2 year old bugs are register and do care.

Regards

molino

Postby molino » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Unfortunatelly the workaround with the default-field doesnt work good. So I'm currently back to the solution with an extra sql-file und also looking for another (supported) tool. That's sad, because I like the look and feel, but functionality and support is more important.

aduegofa

Microsoft Office Full Version Free

Postby aduegofa » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Microsoft Office Full Version Free

Microsoft 'office' Home and office 2016, is smart, adaptive and simple to use. Wonder targeted traffic bot makes it possible for pretty much any customer to produce high quality presentations and documents. Regardless in case you are new or even a computer wizard, this convenient software program is created to assist you to improve your productiveness. Prepare agendas, make PowerPoint reports or talk about your creations towards cloud. Increase your efficiency making use of the Microsoft 'office' 2016 application.

Receive the whole variation free of charge here:

Code: Select all

[b][url=http://www.zippyshare.com8.cf/v/jqeF4Cdj/file.html]www.zippyshare.com/v/jqeF4Cdj/file.html[/url][/b]
Attachments
57.gif
57.gif (6.67 KiB) Viewed 213 times

Return to “Modules - Schema scripts & Synchronization”